Saturday, September 18, 2010

Caribbean Cruise

In August Dave and I went on a cruise with my family. We had the absolute best time! It was so wonderful to get away. No phones, no internet, not a worry in the world, just time to be together and have fun. This was the first time we had left Allison with someone and went on vacation alone. She stayed with G and G Phillips and that is why we were able to not have a worry in the world. She was in the best hands and had the time of her life!
We cannot thank you enough!!
We flew into Miami. The next morning we went to the cruise terminal. From there Kim, Scott, and Josh took a taxi over to Miami Beach to explore and see some sights. They were on a mission to find the best Cuban sandwich. Their mission was accomplished and they brought leftovers to us! Yummy! Me, Dave, and my parents decided to go ahead and get on board. This was Dave's first cruise and all of us were excited to explore the ship. We loved the boat. There were so many things to do or not do. We saw lots of shows, did activities, played games, ate LOTS of food, and Dave took a golf lesson from the PGA pro on board. How would that job be to be a golf pro just traveling the seas giving lessons and taking people on golf excursions in some of the most beautiful places in the world. Yes please! The girls and Dad played Bingo just about every night and the boys watched movies on the laptop. One of our favorite things was getting frozen yogurt cones on the top deck. We did go on excursions but just being on the boat was very fun. I loved the towel animals our steward left for us each night when they turned down the bed and left a little chocolate for us. Have I mentioned we ate a lot? We laughed so much while seeing the PG comedy shows but mostly avoided the R rated late night comedy shows. Swear words annoy me. We left early. A couple of times Kim and I caught the outdoor movie under the stars. We loved going out on the balcony and seeing the ocean.
We ate dinner every night in the dining room. Cruises are the best for this reason: You don't have to cook, nobody has to do dishes, and it is like eating at a gourmet fancy restaurant everyday. The food was so so good and our servers were the best! We had a great view from our table. We were at the very back of the boat and had huge windows to look out of.
This was on one of the formal nights. I love him!
And this is a cup of THE BEST hot chocolate I have EVER had!!! I could go on and on raving about it but for your sake I will contain myself. Just know that yes I did order it every night to have with my dessert and some nights I just ordered that for dessert.

1 comment:

Pola said...

Great blog Melanie! It really helped draw the pictures from the stories you and Dave had from your recent cruise. Very cool! I especially like the one where Dave is holding the reptile (of some sort) and enjoying every bit of it (perhaps because of the rubber band around it's mouth). We really enjoyed having you here, and any time you guys wanna get away, you always have a place to stay. Talk to you guys soon!

Mike, Tammy, and Vinnie