Friday, July 23, 2010

Silver Lake

A few weeks ago (June 27, 2010) we took a lovely Sunday afternoon drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Silver Lake. It was a seriously wonderful day. I love nothing more than spending time with my little family. As we drove Alli kept saying/asking, "mama happy" and I could honestly reply, "yes mama is very happy, are you happy Alli?" and she would say, "Alli happy" and then I would say, "is daddy happy too" and he said, "yes dada is happy"! I will remember this day for a long time. I can't describe what I was feeling that day. I felt peaceful, happy, whole, grateful, and content to name a few.
I am in love with my family!We saw this moose on our way up. That's always fun. Allison really likes the moose on Nick Jr. so it was fun to show her a real one. I was worried that she couldn't see it but I said Alli show mommy where the moose is and she pointed right to it! After that we continued up to the lake and walked around it. Lots of other families had the same idea we did. Oh well.
We walked all the way around. Allison threw lots of rocks into the water (a current favorite thing to do). We saw fish, ducks, ants, bugs and a beaver. We kept asking Alli if she could see any fish and she always said "turtles!" So lucky Alli saw lots of turtles but unfortunately Dave and I didn't see any :(
After our walk around the lake we decided to drive over Guardsman's Pass. Dave had never driven up there and it had been many many years since I went. The views were beautiful but parts of the drive were kind of scary. Like huge drop offs to the side of the car! I hadn't remembered that. But then it got better. We stopped at the top and took some pictures. Then we continued down into Deer Valley/Park City and onto home through Parley's canyon.


....this day was perfect....

No comments: