Monday, January 18, 2010

Blog Book :: Recipe Book

I am so excited about this! I made a book with all of our blog posts. I love how it turned out! It was time consuming to put it together but totally worth it. We love looking thought it; Allison especially loves to look through it and find mommy, daddy, and herself. It is a journal/scrapbook of our lives which is great because I don't think I have scrapbooked since I started this blog. While it is fun to look on the computer at our blog this book is something that we can keep forever. The internet and our blog probably won't just go away but it is reassuring that our family "journal" is in a tangible book. I plan to make a new one every couple of years or so and then enjoy looking at them for years to come.

Another book I made was a recipe book. My in-laws are fantastic chefs and they have loads of delicious recipes. All the girls in our family were always asking for recipes from their cookbook, which was a huge binder filled with recipes. I offered to put them all into a book. So for Christmas Mom and Dad decided to surprise the girls with their very own cookbooks with all of the recipes. It took a long time to type up all the recipes and add lots of fun family pictures but again it was worth it! Everyone loved it!

5 comments:

Andrea and Justin said...

Did you use Blurb to make your books. That is what I use to make mine and they will take your blog and put it into a book really easily. They look super cute!

Richan said...

That book is so cute. How did you do that?

Jill said...

It turned out great! We did one as well this year and I love them.

ls said...

melanie,

i am so glad that you pop on over to our blog from kim and jerrod's, and even more excited that you left a comment so that i can visit yours now! hooray for blogging buddies!

i have a nagging thought that i need to get my blog made into a book, but i keep waiting to find the right site to use. what did you use? some seem a little more time intensive than others, but others sometimes don't look as professional. i am glad you are so happy with yours. i'll need to get on mine soon, i think :). thanks for the motivation!

Karie said...

Great idea!